1st International Cellular Agriculture conference
14 June @ 07:30 - 15 June @ 16:00 CEST
This on-site event gathers top experts and actors in the field of cellular agriculture for food production to share the latest research results, news from the industry and to network for new partnerships and ideation. The aim is also to share information to decision-makers and stakeholders especially in EU.
The 1st International Cellular Agriculture conference covers all fields of cellular agriculture: microbial and algal biomass, cultivated meat and plant cell cultures, precision fermentation to produce proteins, lipids and other food ingredients, and related fields covering sustainability and regulatory aspects too. As often the events in this field are focusing on only one sub-topic of cellular agriculture, in this event we bring all the sub-categories to joint discussion to generate new ideas and partnerships and to facilitate R&D&I.
In addition, you will have an exceptional site visit opportunity to Solar Foods Factory 01 where food ingredients are produced from CO2.
Register for the conference here.
Early bird registration Deadline 28.2.2023
Call for Abstracts
Call for abstracts is open! LINK
Deadline for abstract submission is 28.2.2023
Topics for the abstract submission:
- Precision fermentation (proteins, lipids etc.)
- Microbial and algae biomass (SCP, mycoprotein, etc.)
- Cultivated meat
- Plant cell cultures
- Sustainability aspects (environmental, economic, social aspects, etc.)
- Safety and regulatory issues
Highlights of the programme
Day 1, June 14th, concentrates on business development and policy viewpoints, delivered by industry representatives and decision makers. The morning holds the unique opportunity to visit the new Solar Foods Factory 01 as well as networking with the latest start-ups, actors and stakeholders in the field.
Day 2, June 15th, gives an overview of research and development in the field of cellular agriculture, with four thematic sessions: precision fermentation, microbial and algal biomass, cultivated meat and plant cells, as well as sustainability and safety aspects.
Keynote speakers include:
– Tim Geistlinger, Perfect Day, opening keynote of the event with presentation titled “Scaling the Impact of Precision Fermentation for a Resilient Future Food System and Beyond”
– Mark Post, Mosa Meat, keynote of the session “Cultivated meat and plant cells as future foods” with presentation titled “Where is the cultured meat?”
– Ilan Samish, Amai Proteins, keynote of the session “Precision fermentation for production of food ingredients” with presentation titled “Large-scale tasty proteins by microbial precision fermentation: from sweet to sewage aspects”
– Hanna Tuomisto, University of Helsinki, keynote of the session “Sustainability aspects of the new processes and value chains” with presentation titled “Environmental, social and economic impacts of cellular agriculture”
More details here: Programme