Cellular Agriculture Europe is an international association registered under Belgian law.
Cellular Agriculture Europe is committed to handle personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including EU Regulation 2016/679 on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal data do we collect?
Cellular Agriculture Europe may collect the following categories of personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes outlined in this policy:
- Identification data, such as name, forename, photo, national registration number;
- Contact data, such as email address, telephone number, postal address;
- Personal information, such as age, date of birth, gender, marital status, citizenship;
- Financial data, such as bank account details.
Personal data are collected by Cellular Agriculture Europe from several sources. When gathering the data, the individuals are made aware on how their data are processed (purpose limitation, data minimisation, confidentiality, storage limitation).
Why we process personal data and on what basis?
- Personal data from the members of Cellular Agriculture Europe for the purpose of internal communications: the purpose of the processing is the management of meetings and teleconferences, including management of: lists and mailing lists for contacts, invitations, participants, distribution of reports, follow-up actions, information and publication, photographs/pictures, presentations, publication on the intranet/extranet, which are all related to the inherent activities of the association;
- Personal data from the members of Cellular Agriculture Europe for the purpose of external communications: the purpose of the processing is the management of the security requirements of the European and international institutions for access to their buildings at the occasion of a specific meeting or event;
- Data from the Board of Directors: the purpose of the processing is to fulfil the legal requirements of the publication of the names and addresses of all Directors in the Board in the Belgian Gazette and to fulfil the legal requirements of the Law of 18 September 2017 on the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing and on the restriction of the use of cash (declaration of Beneficial Ownership) when this is required;
- Data from participants (members and non-members of Cellular Agriculture Europe, speakers) to open meetings or events organised by Cellular Agriculture Europe: the purpose of the processing is the management of the meeting/event including management of the follow-up to the invitation, list of participants shared with the participants to the meeting/event (forename & name of the participant and company only), distribution of reports. Photographs/pictures may be taken, and presentations and report might be made available freely on Cellular Agriculture Europe’ website;
- Data from personal contacts, phone calls, website and Cellular Agriculture Europe’s various digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.): the purpose of the processing is to allow exchanges with the individuals who have engaged with Cellular Agriculture Europe, e.g., for a request for information about cellular agriculture or about membership conditions.
How long do we keep personal data?
Cellular Agriculture Europe will only keep personal data for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected, e.g. for the duration of a contractual relationship or of a project, and for a period of time thereafter if so required by applicable law or if in the primary interests of the data subjects. Cellular Agriculture Europe does not transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
What are your rights as data subjects and how to exercise them?
As data subject, you have the following rights with respect to personal data we hold about you, subject to applicable legal restrictions:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability, i.e., the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller;
- Right to object to all or part of the processing, when legally allowed;
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making, including profiling within the limits set out by the law;
- Right to withdraw consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you are not satisfied about how we protect your privacy, you should address your request by email together with a copy of your ID (which we will only use to verify your identity), to Cellular Agriculture Europe, as data controller at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cellular Agriculture Europe will aim to respond to data subject requests within a maximum of 1 month of receipt of the request.